Accounting Manager (CA)
Our client is a renowned business management firm serving high-net-worth clients in the sports and entertainment industry. They are looking to expand and hire an Accounting Manager to bring their tax work in-house and help build out the tax team. The role requires a highly organized individual who possesses strong initiative and can complete multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- CPA, CFP, or CMA required.
- Experience managing a team and partnering with an executive team 5+ years
- Business management or pass-through entity tax experience
- Experience in family office, entertainment, or legal firms, preferred
- Experience using QuickBooks and Excel.
- Oversee the preparations of financial statements in adherence to business management related policies and procedures, including posting journal entries, account reconciliations, budgeting, cash management, workers comp audits, etc.
- Present financial analysis, long term cash flow analysis, and P&L reporting solutions
- Ensure delivery of weekly client communications (cash reports, weekly updates)
- Oversee creation, review and approval of budgets, shareholder payroll and 1099 reports
- Work directly with the Management in recording and assessing estate planning, assets purchases, and investments
- Review work and accuracy of Senior Staff Accountants (AP/AR, cash receipts, payroll, etc.).
- Assist in ad hoc projects as needed
- Manage the process of payroll services, and oversight of associated journal entries
- Proactively foster and develop professional relationships with client’s Trusted Advisors when discussing open matters
- Qualify annual financial statements for tax return purposes
- Implement operational best business practices
- Oversight over day-to-day financial management performed by Senior Staff Accountant: bill pay, revenue tracking commission reporting, company specific accounting and reporting