Sr. Project Estimator (CT)
The client is looking for a Sr. Project Estimator. This position is responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for both private and public sector work projects ranging from $5m - $100m to ensure the client is a responsive bidder.
This is a FULL-TIME position managing the estimating process and working with the Chief Estimator. This is an on-site position located in Plantsville Connecticut and there is no remote option.
- Bachelor's in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience estimating (Project Management a plus!)
- Proficiency with MS Office, AGTEK Take-off, and Primavera Scheduling software
- Advanced knowledge of agency (U)DBE requirements
- Must be able to freely access all parts of the construction site wide-ranging climates and environments
- Valid Driver's License
- US Citizen - no sponsorship offered
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
- Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location, and other factors to ensure a high-quality and timely estimate
- Review drawings, specifications, and proposed project site conditions, record findings, and solicit input from field operations to include in the final project estimate
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase the competitiveness of the bid
- Review "take-off" quantities to ensure the accuracy of data used in estimates
- Present estimates; Participate in bid reviews
- Communicate with owners, subcontractors, and public and private entities to ensure competitiveness
- Communicate estimate bids with the team at pre-construction meetings to ensure clarity of the scope of work and critical means and methods of construction
- Participate in the lead in design-build preconstruction services to ensure high quality, competitive estimates, and schedules
Full Benefits Offered
GREAT opportunity for an Estimator who is looking to grow and work on bigger construction projects.