Tax Manager (CA)
Our client is a CPA firm providing services to musicians, entertainers, professional athletes, entrepreneurs, individuals, and small business owners. They are seeking a well-rounded, experienced Tax Manager with solid experience who can step into a very important role. Candidates should possess excellent technical skills as well as the ability to effectively manage the client relationships that are so important to their success. This position is ideal for a current senior accountant who is looking for the opportunity to advance to manager level, or a manager looking for a fantastic partnership opportunity.
This is an in-office position and will work closely supervising, directing, assisting, and managing other members of the team.
- Current CPA license
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, strong grasp of accounting and financial statement concepts
- Current CPA firm and/or family office experience. 5-10 years of recent experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with tax return concepts for Individuals, S Corporations, C Corporations, LLCs, Partnership's
- Experience with tax audits and reviewing and responding to notices
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues (tax and financial), perform research, and demonstrate critical thinking necessary to implement advice and planning
- Strong software skills, including proficiency in Excel, and experience with CCH ProSystem
- Ability to interact and effectively manage communication with clients (written, verbal, and in-person)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, clients, and tight deadlines, as part of a team